1. Enquiries concerning the hire of the Main Hall, Committee Room or playing fields should be made to the Booking Secretary. Details available on the notice board.
2. A booking is not accepted from anyone under the age of 18.
3. The Hirer, or nominated person, must be present on the premises during the whole period of the booking.
4. The Hirer is responsible to the Association for the cost of repair or replacement of any property belonging to the Association which is damaged or destroyed during or in connection with the occupation of the Village Hall.
5. The Association, on giving written notice to the hirer, may cancel and letting of the premises or any part thereof. The hirer may either rebook the hall or room for some other day or if appropriate receive back their deposit. The Association shall not be liable for payment of any compensation to the Hirer for the cancellation or alteration.
6. The Association retains the right to allow its officers or agents to enter and remain within the premises free of charge at any time during the use of the premises by the hirer.
7. Under no circumstances will the Association accept responsibility or liability in respect of damage, theft or loss of any property left upon the premises either by the hirer or his Agent.
8. The Association shall not be liable for any loss due to breakdown of machinery, failure of supply of electricity, leakage of water, fire, government restriction or act of God, which may cause the premises to be temporarily closed or the hiring to be interrupted or cancelled.
9. The Association shall not be liable for any accident caused by defective equipment brought onto the premises. Hirers are encouraged to provide their own portable RCD’s (residual current devices) for their own protection.
10. The Hirer will incur an additional charge in the event of any electrical appliances being left on at the end of hiring.
11. The Hirer will be responsible for ensuring the public leave the premises quietly.
12. The hiring shall be subject to the provisions and conditions of the Public Entertainment Licence and the hirer will indemnify the Association as the Licence holder against any action, claim, damages or loss which may be sustained or incurred by reason of any non-
13. The Hirer shall be responsible for obtaining licences that may be needed whether for the consumption of intoxicating liquor, from the Performing Rights Society, or otherwise and for observance of the same.
14. All entrances and exits from the building must be kept clear and unobstructed as must all gangways or passages in the cases of concerts, lectures, meetings or the like, when seats are used.
15. At the end of hiring, the hirer shall be responsible for leaving the premises and surrounds in a clean and tidy condition, all rubbish removed, properly locked and secured unless directed otherwise. Any contents temporarily removed from their usual positions should be properly replaced; otherwise the Committee shall be at liberty to make an additional charge.
16. A deposit of 50% of the total hiring fee payable at the time of booking will be left with the Booking Secretary. The final 50% is payable before commencement of hire.
17. Cancellations within 14 days prior to date of the hire will result in the loss of the deposit.
18. In certain circumstances the committee reserves the right to request a further deposit. This will be returned within 48 hours of the completion of the letting on the condition that the premises are left undamaged, clean and tidy and the keys are returned promptly.